Automated garage doors West Rand
Garage Door Installations & Repairs
Automated garage door repair
Garage door automation is no longer just a practical security solution in South Africa. It’s a necessity.
A garage door opener installation lessens the chance of a hi-jack situation in your driveway, as you can access the garage without stepping out of your car. It also means that you won’t have to brave the elements to enter the garage. Moreover, garage doors are heavy. Automation cuts out your chance of injury with the press of a button
Remember that an automated garage door opener can be tricky to install. A professional has the proper tools and know-how to make the upgrade easy.
Unfortunately, even the best automated garage door cannot keep going for ever. Your roll up door needs service and lubrication on a regular basis, to ensure the longevity of your garage door motor. This is best done every 12 months.
In addition, garage door openers are complex pieces of equipment, often containing dozens of intricate parts that work simultaneously with one another, to consistently raise and lower your door. So, when things go wrong, call in the professionals at MF Steel.
Common problems that may affect your roller garage doors:
- The door is jammed in an open or closed position.There could be a few reasons for this. The door might have jumped the track, the limit setting could need adjustment or a cable could have snapped.
- The roll up door does not respond to the remote control signal. It could be the batteries. On the other hand, the antenna on the motor could be damaged or blocked from the signal.
- The track is out of alignment. This could be the result of an impact. Alternatively, the securing hardware sometimes works loose over time.
- Your garage motor emits a grinding noise. Lubrication could be needed.
- The door is not level when closed. It might be the extension springs. They are not that difficult to adjust. However, it might also be the torsion springs. Unfortunately, you need to work on them whilst they are under tension. This is best approached by a professional. Contact MF Steel for a service or garage door repair.
- Springs or hinges could break. A loud snap, bang, boom will herald the break of a torsion spring. This is one of the most frequent repair issues. Do not attempt to open the door as it could be dangerous. Call professional help.
Our skilled technicians at MF Steel have the experience and expertise to deal with any problems you may encounter. For all automated garage door or opener repair, our staff will provide you with expert service at a fair price.
Automated garage door installation or garage door repairs in Roodepoort, Krugersdorp, Randfontein, Randburg and other surrounding West Rand Areas.